Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lock Filters or Collapse Filter Sections

I think there really needs to be an option to either collapse or lock the filter levels for Visual, Page, Report sections. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked from one visual to another and because the number of filters between the two is different, the filters section scrolls up in the filters window (now you're working in a different section). I imagine most people tend to set filters from Report to Page to Visual -- from broad to individual details. It would be great to not accidentally change page level filters when trying to adjust a single visualization. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mcoughlin ,

So your requirement is that you want to folder the report, page, visual level filters? In general, you may use Hirerarchy slicer instead of different level filters https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview. One hirerachy represents one level in your senario.

HierarchySlicerUsage.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mcoughlin ,

So your requirement is that you want to folder the report, page, visual level filters? In general, you may use Hirerarchy slicer instead of different level filters https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview. One hirerachy represents one level in your senario.

HierarchySlicerUsage.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.