Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

svella
Regular Visitor

Lock / Disallow entry into charts

Is it possible to lock a chart on  a report to not allow a user to drill down data or interact with it in any way.

Basically just want a pure visual to the user.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @svella,

As smoupre mentioned, PowerBI only supports to control the hiearchy of the visualization and its interactions functionality in your need. Currently, it is not allowed to eleminate the visual fact to forbid the viewer to click.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you do not want users to drill into data, you could simply not put a hiearchy into the visualization axis. If you do not want the user to interact with it, you could turn off its filters to all other visualizations via the Edit Interactions functionality.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The only issue I found is if I have on chart on a single page, I cant cut off the ability to dig into that chart.

I would like to eleminate the visual fact a person can click on the element.

A bounding box appears when they do.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.