Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kochsalz23
Frequent Visitor

Locale is incorrect after conversion to string

Hello,

I have observed a strange behaviour when trying to display a numeric measure as a string with an associated unit code. My goal is to display the value with its respective unit in a single string measure, basically simply using the measure itself and appending the unit code. However, the formatting ignores any regional settings on the numeric measure and displays the wrong thousands and decimal seperators.

Locale.png

(here the correct formatting is used in the right column)

I specifically need it to use the German locale for this, but I don't know how to force it. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

When you install Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store, it installs all the languages (currently, 42 languages) and by default shows the language that corresponds to the Windows default language.

When you download Power BI Desktop as a standalone installer, you choose the default language when you run the installer. You can change it at a later date.

You can also choose a locale to be used when importing data for a specific report.

Thank you for the reply,

I have already tried changing the regional settings, they did not affect this measure's output. I have other measures in my report that require output to be according to German locale settings and they work flawlessly, it is just this particular mid-measure conversion that is not behaving properly.

regional.pngregional2.png

It is also displayed incorrectly when uploaded to the PBI Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.