Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chlxco
Frequent Visitor

Loading excel files without combining their content.

Hi community,

I was wondering if there is any way to load multiple excel files in a single query  WITHOUT combining them? Every file has its own table/columns/content (e.g. students.xlsx, Countries.xlsx, schools.xlsx, ..). All of them reside in the same folder within SharePoint lib. Im asking this as I think there should be a more efficient way to load tables to my data model rather than creating a new connection for each one of the files. Is this even possible? When I googled it, results came back with a zillion of combining results. Maybe answer is silly but Im stuck at the moment

Thanks in adv.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chlxco , As far as I know, as of now, the folder option is to get a table of the same structure and merge those.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chlxco
Frequent Visitor

What if I duplicate the query the times needed to filter out each one of the files I need? Would that improve performance at the moment of fetching all files? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chlxco , As far as I know, as of now, the folder option is to get a table of the same structure and merge those.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.