Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pkoel-asb
Helper V
Helper V

Loading data into Power BI Desktop

Hello,

I am getting the error below when I try to pull data from a dtabase file.

New Bitmap Image.png

I am able to load data from other files in the same database, but this one will not go. I see a message indicating that it is loading the data into the data model, but hten it fails. If I go into Power Query, the table is there and the data is in it. However when I exit Power Query to go back into the Power BI desktop I get the same error as above. I am preplexed. 

Cheers,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pkoel-asb , Please check is it a connection timeout issue? Means it taking some time and then erroring out ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pkoel-asb ,

This picture is too small for me to see exactly what's on it.
Can you provide a clearer image to report the error?
Alternatively, you can see a similar solution in the following article, using the MS Store version of Power BI Desktop.

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pkoel-asb , Please check is it a connection timeout issue? Means it taking some time and then erroring out ?

It was a connection issue. I rpelaced the VPN software with a company router and all is now working well.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I am able to load the data in Power Query. It is only when I close and apply that I get the able ODBC error. I started delteing fields from the table (in Power BI Desktop) and found that if I delete about 1/2 the columns; the table will load without getting the ODBC error. I do not understand why this is happening. I did go into file-options and settings-options and clear the cache files (just guessing, but did nothing)

Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.