Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joehav

Loading Access databases

I have 64 bit Office 365 and 64 bit Power BI but still get an error trying to load.  Says I need the Office 10 driver for Access.

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joehav,

Could you please post the full error message? Additionally, please ensure that you have installed 64 bit version of Access Database Engine on your machine.

Reference:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-access-database-errors/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As I mentioned, I'm using Office 365 (Access 2016) and I installed the 64 bit version.  This is the error message

Capture.PNG

Hi @joehav,

The above error could occur when you install incorrect bit-ness of client. Please double check the bit version of your Office, Power BI Desktop and Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable . Make sure that Access Database Engine version matches your Power BI Desktop version.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is my Access version

Capture.PNG

This is my Power BI version

Capture2.PNG

Hi @joehav,

Could you please check that if you have the following registry entry in you machine.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Access Connectivity Engine\InstallRoot\Path

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

No I don't.

Hi @joehav,

Which package do you use to install Access database engine?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Package??  I logged on to my account at the Office 365 website and requested a download.

Hi @joehav,

Do you download 64 bit Access database engine 2010 Redistributable  from the following link and install it on  your machine?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.