Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loaded Query contained error - How to find the errors and solve the issue

Hi Everyone,

I have a dashboard that has many tables and while refreshing there is message saying "1 Loaded query contained error", when I click View Errors it takes me to the power query editor and shows nothing - all blank. Now, how do I know what are the errors?

Appreciate any help 

Refreshh Error 1.JPGRefreshh Error 2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

In power query-> "remove rows" section, click remove errors and check if error disappeared. 

Sort by another column no longer work - Power Query Editor 9_2_2019 11_21_02 AM.png 

In addtion, it seems this issue should be related to data format can't be recognized by power query, I would suggest you to refer to this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/error-message-after-building-query-returns-zero-rows-in-the/td-p/159635

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Raja10ram
Frequent Visitor

I got Same error ....i'm nt able to rectify on that.Kindly help me

anil_kathane
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous How did you find that the error is due to calculation resulting in NaN values? I am not sure how to locate the error when I have a dataset with thousands of records and some 25+ columns. Can you please guide on that?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

In power query-> "remove rows" section, click remove errors and check if error disappeared. 

Sort by another column no longer work - Power Query Editor 9_2_2019 11_21_02 AM.png 

In addtion, it seems this issue should be related to data format can't be recognized by power query, I would suggest you to refer to this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/error-message-after-building-query-returns-zero-rows-in-the/td-p/159635

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @v-yuta-msft 

I tried this before and didn't wotrk for me. I used another method which is kind of time consuming but it worked. 

Some calculations that I used in the query resulted in "NaN" and "Infinity" in some cells which were actually the errors. Not sure why BI wouldn't point that out (may be a bug as everytime I clicked on the errors it showed me a blank query). 

Solution

So, what I did > converted the columns to "text" from decimal # in the query editor and then replaced values (NaN, Infinity) with Blank. and then converted the columns back to decmal # and saved it. Now when I refresh my datasets it doesnt show me any errors anymore. 🙂

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors