Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loaded Query contained error - How to find the errors and solve the issue

Hi Everyone,

I have a dashboard that has many tables and while refreshing there is message saying "1 Loaded query contained error", when I click View Errors it takes me to the power query editor and shows nothing - all blank. Now, how do I know what are the errors?

Appreciate any help 

Refreshh Error 1.JPGRefreshh Error 2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

In power query-> "remove rows" section, click remove errors and check if error disappeared. 

Sort by another column no longer work - Power Query Editor 9_2_2019 11_21_02 AM.png 

In addtion, it seems this issue should be related to data format can't be recognized by power query, I would suggest you to refer to this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/error-message-after-building-query-returns-zero-rows-in-the/td-p/159635

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Raja10ram
Frequent Visitor

I got Same error ....i'm nt able to rectify on that.Kindly help me

anil_kathane
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous How did you find that the error is due to calculation resulting in NaN values? I am not sure how to locate the error when I have a dataset with thousands of records and some 25+ columns. Can you please guide on that?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

In power query-> "remove rows" section, click remove errors and check if error disappeared. 

Sort by another column no longer work - Power Query Editor 9_2_2019 11_21_02 AM.png 

In addtion, it seems this issue should be related to data format can't be recognized by power query, I would suggest you to refer to this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/error-message-after-building-query-returns-zero-rows-in-the/td-p/159635

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @v-yuta-msft 

I tried this before and didn't wotrk for me. I used another method which is kind of time consuming but it worked. 

Some calculations that I used in the query resulted in "NaN" and "Infinity" in some cells which were actually the errors. Not sure why BI wouldn't point that out (may be a bug as everytime I clicked on the errors it showed me a blank query). 

Solution

So, what I did > converted the columns to "text" from decimal # in the query editor and then replaced values (NaN, Infinity) with Blank. and then converted the columns back to decmal # and saved it. Now when I refresh my datasets it doesnt show me any errors anymore. 🙂

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.