cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kharveyausten
Regular Visitor

Re: Load was cancelled by an error in loading a previous table

I'm using MS Accss as backend datasource and I fixed by chnagin the Power BI Options; basically Access in some situations cannot handle "Parallel Loading" enabled but is fine with SQL Server datasource.

Try this:

Options

Data Load (this report sectioon)

Untick "Enable parallel loading of tables"

Also editing or deleting a column in a referred table can causes issues; I deleted a column and got another error, I put the column back in and all was OK; only if column is being referred to.

mafioso Helper II
Helper II

I have the same issue. I get this message:

OLE DB or ODBC error: Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)).

How can I fix that?

guisin
Frequent Visitor

I modified an Excel sheet that was related to my PBI and I received this same error messages.

To fix the issue, I reverted all my changes in Excel and went into each query and update the tables manually one by one. 

Hope this helps.

adrife20
Frequent Visitor

!Hi!

Same thing happend to me. I did the process again from zero, the only difference was that I used Direct Query instead of Import Query. I think that as Import Query copies the Data, when your refresh some relationships, updates, deletes or other changes in transformation maybe the refresh trunks something.

adrife20
Frequent Visitor

!Hi!

Same thing happened to me. I did the process from zero again, the only difference was that I used Direct Query instead of Import Query. I think that as Import Query copied a Database maybe when the relationships or transformations that you do could trunk something.

So, try with Direct Query instead of Import Query when you get the data.

It worked for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, just curious as to how do I do a direct query instead of import query how to do that? Hope I'm understanding this correctly as I'm currently importing my data from excel files but recently gotten direct access to the database system, so would like to learn and better understand how to do this more efficiently so that my report automatically pulls the data directly from source itself when I do a refresh..

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors