Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jberman
Helper I
Helper I

Load/combine multiple files, but only the keep data from most recent

I have used load multiple files from folder; however; some of the data overlaps and I am only interested in the most recent data. Each row corresponds to a date across files. Some of the newer files list previous dates but have updated data. What is the way of handling this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jberman,

Can you post some data from the qeury editor, where we could see what kind of files you are working with?

Are you trying to only load most recent files or all files? Do your files have a field for "last modified" etc?

Br,

T

Power BI Photo.JPG

Using the data above, I am interested in grabbing the data in the bottom row (from the most recent file) for the DATE July 8,2018 and "Group" segment. I had tried the Group by function was not successful is allowing all columns to be grouped by the "Source Name" at the time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jberman Thanks for the data.

What I'm having trouble to understand is why you need to import the old files as well. Why not just import the latest xls file so you don't have to worry about old data? Beofre expanding the files you could sort/filter them according to the latest modification date , remove duplicates etc..

Based on your requirements, you could just filter segment=group and filter the source to be the latest and get the row higlighted in yellow.

Br,

T

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors