Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cutestjigs
Frequent Visitor

Load JSON column Data from MYSQL table to POWER BI

Hi there,

I have table called "accounts". 

table has columns like id INT, name VARCHAR, type VARCHAR, date TIMESTAMP, contact JSON.

contact has data like {"email": "info@xxx.com", "phone": "0038828288", "mobile": "04838888", "address": "xxxx, xxx, xxx", "country": "xxxx"}

I want to load this table into power bi. It showing me error 

DataSource.Error: MYSQL:Fatal error encountered during command execution

Errorcode = -2147467259

I want to use all this details in my report. How can I make columns for all json fields?

I want table which will look like id INT, name VARCHAR, type VARCHAR, date TIMESTAMP, email VARCHAR, address VARCHAR, phone VARCHAR, mobile VARCHAR.

Please help me in this.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Problem Solved! I downloaded new version of mysql connector and installed it on my computer.  Now it successfully loads table with JSON field. Thanks for your help. 

Best Regards,

Jigu Patel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cutestjigs,

When you loaded Mysql table to Power BI, could you please connect Mysql database successfully? Please create a simple table without JSON fields, and check if you can load the table successfully.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I tried to load table without JSON field and it is working fine! Just have problem with JSON field.

Thanks,

Jigu Patel

Hi @cutestjigs,

As I tested, I also can load table wiout json fied successfully, and have a problem with JSON field. And I changed the database driver, there still have the problem. You can load the table without json field, and load a JSON file separatly. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Problem Solved! I downloaded new version of mysql connector and installed it on my computer.  Now it successfully loads table with JSON field. Thanks for your help. 

Best Regards,

Jigu Patel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.