Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StanTheMan
Frequent Visitor

Live report or dashboard from office sensor API?

Hi all,

I have a question on working with API/datastreams. Our office building is equipped with a few sensors that measure the current temperature, co2, noise, etc. We can access this data via an Web API. So i went out and made a Power BI report with this available data and it seems to work like a charm. When I hit refresh I receive the newest temperature and sensor stats per sensor with certain timestamp.

However when uploaded to our service/online environment i would like to make the report live, so that on opening the report, the sensor data is always as recent/current as possible. When configuring the dataset parameters for the report I can only refresh the report about 8 times a day. 

Is there a way to make the report live by directly reading data from the API ?
(On opening or even every hour or every 30 minutes is also fine)

Thanks in advance!
- Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StanTheMan ,

The refresh frequency of shared capacity is 8/day. If you want a higher refresh rate, you can try Power BI premium. Please reference: powerbi-premium/#capacity-tiers

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StanTheMan ,

The refresh frequency of shared capacity is 8/day. If you want a higher refresh rate, you can try Power BI premium. Please reference: powerbi-premium/#capacity-tiers

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.