Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live connection with SSAS cube doesn't pull all cube attributes into the Power BI desktop file

Hi, my coworker and I are experiencing an issue where not all cube attributes are being brought in to the pbix file when connected to an Analytics Cube via Live Connection. We used the following steps to connect to our dev server and to a specific cube:

Get Data -> Analysis Services -> Connect live 

Majority of attributes are visible in the FIELDS pane however, the most crucial one - OrderID is not.

When we tried a different approach and imported the data instead of connecting to it live, the attribute was visible in the Import (Load) Pane and in the FIELDS pane.

Get Data -> Analysis Services -> Import

We would prefer to continue using the Live Connection for our reports over Import. How can we fix this issue?

Is this a known bug? I have noticed only in this version of the application, I am running off of April 2019.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, there do have some limitations and security for SSAS, you could refer to below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-ssas-multidimensional#security

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft ,

Thanks so much for the quick reports. I am pretty sure I remember our sql developer saying that the Order ID that is not showing up is a part of the Parent-child entity with key attributes. This is probably the reason why the measure is now showing up in the Fields pane - tabular model. We will check this on Monday post our findings here.

Thanks,

Izolda

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.