Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live connect + One-to-many

I have two tables in a tabular-model; A DIM-table with a card-id field and a related table with tags for each card-id in the DIM-table. When I Import the data into Power BI and create the relationship there everything can be visualised just fine. However, we're switching to Live Connect only, so I have to define table relationships, measures and calculated columns in the tabular-model. When I do this and Live Connect to the model from Power BI, I get the two tables but they are not related as they should be. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I can't reproduced your issue. Those tables can be related properly in live connection to Tabular database. Please check if you process and deploy the tabular project after your define those relationships, measures and calculated columns. Also make sure you activate correct relationship between tables in your tabular model. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I can't reproduced your issue. Those tables can be related properly in live connection to Tabular database. Please check if you process and deploy the tabular project after your define those relationships, measures and calculated columns. Also make sure you activate correct relationship between tables in your tabular model. 

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Simon. I have done all that. Since no one has similar experiences, it's probably me, so I'll try again and close this thread. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.