Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

Live Connect to Power BI Usage Reports

Hi there, 

I keep getting the following error when trying to live connect to Power BI Datasets. I would like to gain access to the Usage Reports but for started I cannot even see any dataset. 
Error message:
Error Message.jpg

I have a few orginizational accounts, so for the one it works, however not with the other orginization. I've verified Tenant setting and the both match. 

Cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for. 

Kind Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Axiomite , Under the Power Bi service setting, Admin Portal -> tenant setting, there is the setting for that. Ask your admin to enable that

amitchandak_0-1637057191720.png

View solution in original post

Hi @amitchandak , 

I am admin and have it enabled, maybe something else?
Error Message.jpg

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Axiomite , Under the Power Bi service setting, Admin Portal -> tenant setting, there is the setting for that. Ask your admin to enable that

amitchandak_0-1637057191720.png

Hi @amitchandak , 

I am admin and have it enabled, maybe something else?
Error Message.jpg

Kind Regards

@Axiomite , The other can be access to the workspace. Also, make sure is there for the login you have used in the power bi dashboard.

@amitchandak , Admin access to workspace and correct (the same) on Desktop and Power BI service, very strange.

@amitchandak  - its seems to be working now. Only reason I can think of, is the changes to tenant settings taking longer than a couple of hours to take effect. Thanks for your input, appreciated. Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.