Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

List of valid values for Country\Region? Continent?

I'm trying to use  a fill map to map the values EMEA, APAC, NA, and LAM.  

It surprisingly difficult to find what expected values Power BI is expecting.

I see states are ok with Acronyms but I can't figure out what values I can use to represent this Region codes.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Power BI's filled map uses the Bing Maps API to get geocoded locations and outlines. It is not enough for filled map to recognize the regions using Acronyms. Please use full name of these regions, and set data category to Continent or Place in filled map.

2.PNG1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdcayetano

Where can I get the specific lists of country names?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same question. How can I having performance presented by sub-continent like South East Asia, North Asia etc?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Power BI's filled map uses the Bing Maps API to get geocoded locations and outlines. It is not enough for filled map to recognize the regions using Acronyms. Please use full name of these regions, and set data category to Continent or Place in filled map.

2.PNG1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Your image does not show the proper areas for Latin America and North America, so I'm wondering if those are the correct terms.

Does anyone know the correct terms and if they even work?

I'm getting Canada for North America on the bubble map.  Central America shows up in the US, similar to the Latin America in @v-yuezhe-msft  answer below.

A year on and I see the same thing.  Latin America highlights USA and North America is Mexico, Canada and Greenland.  

Clarification please, MS team?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.