cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TOMJANDA

List of underlying UK counties (filled map)

Hi,

I would like to ask you, whether is it possible to get the full list of the UK counties that Power BI/BING is using as the underlying data.

When I was browsing on the internet I managed to find a list of counties with respective poctcodes (see http://www.postcode-info.co.uk/counties.html). Even though it should be a complete list, there are still some empty spots, when I ploted the counties in the filled map. See below:

2017-01-09_15h01_23.png

Therefore I would like to ask if it is possible to download anywhere a full list of the UK counties that the Power BI/Bing Maps is using as an underlying document. It would be nice to know how the input data should look like to get the full picture without any gaps.

Otherwise it is just pure guessing, which makes this amazing tool in fact unusable.

Many thanks in advance for your time & I am looking forward to your answers.

Kind regards,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: List of underlying UK counties (filled map)

You should probably ask this in the Bing Maps Developer Forums:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=bingmaps

https://www.bingmapsportal.com/

---------------------------------------

Not the Power BI thought police...

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

BenHoward
Frequent Visitor

Hi Tom,

Did you ever recieve a satisfactory answer to your question.  I'm having issues getting a fully filled map, and then issues with overlapping data...

Tucker Helper I
Helper I

Hey Ben,
I've struggled with this, in our DB we use postcode a lot and I wanted to map them as delivery points, the issue I kept coming up against is that I believe Bing works off Geo coding so lat\long and postcodes can cover multiple lat\long's.
I guess it's the same with counties, sorry I can't be any use but thought I may help to share the experience and hopefully if anyone else posts in the tread I can see it!
Sorry TB

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors