Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gspritchard
Regular Visitor

Linking of Data through Date and Location for cross comparisons.

Hi, 

I am doing some building data analysis, and hoping to compare "Occupancy" to "Utilisation". This is sensor data that is attached to a date/time (hourly) and Location Path. The difference between the two is one classifies any motion in a room as occupied, where as utilisation looks at proportionality how many sensors detect motion.

There are 3 main data sets, Locations, Occupancy and Utilisation. 

The location set takes the "Path" and splits into Floor, Zone, Room, and adds a Type for filtering. I do not care about corridors etc. 

Occupancy and Utilisation are based on the same format of report. They have a Date/Time field, as well as a separate Date and Time field. I have a couple of queries that are applied when loading the data, unpivoting the columns for example and changing some formats. I have links between the two sets though Location > Path. 

I want to create a selection of reports that compare the two side-by-side. Such as a stacked bar chart of Time of Day only as an easy one. However when I add both Occupancy and Utilisation to the values, the Axis value for Time only applies to the data set I select it from. If that makes sense?

How can I link the two so that the dates are read the same? Is it a case of having a separate date data set? 

I've attached a selection of photos, if having the data set would help then I can provide that - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10ucup8xo0dvis/AAAne6d7H8P0cSobZunYIyYna?dl=0 

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gspritchard ,

Yes,you'd better create a slicer table including the categories you wanna slice and 2 measures separately relate to Occupancy and Utilisation values.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.