Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linking multiple sheets via date

I have pulled in multiple data sources from SharePoint 365.

I am trying to build some stacked visuals as well as pie charts.

Each sheet is unique in what it captures, except for Id field and date.

I have tried creating a date table and linking them all to it via relationships.

When I do this, the chart is blank. (date as axis and 'count of ID as value)

I can use one of the sheets date field and count and it looks great, add another sheets ID count into value and it WILL show up, but only as the total sum consistently each month.

I have killed myself trying things and searching reddit and on here for help.

I hope some one can help out.

sample pic.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured it out!!

While I had edited the fields to all match date types. I then went into each table in query edit....the fields were NOT date type there.

Transformed them there, linked to date table...BOOM! all is well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  can you share sample data and expected result, will get you the solution. Reading at requirement and it look like something easy and not sure why it is not working for you.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sample of results I should havesample of results I should haveSample of dataSample of data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get all these tables I pulled in to link to a single date field. I then am counting them by iD. This way I can see how many 'items' in each table were created over a time frame.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured it out!!

While I had edited the fields to all match date types. I then went into each table in query edit....the fields were NOT date type there.

Transformed them there, linked to date table...BOOM! all is well.

I need to link dates from multiple sheets to create one slicer , but that's not working inspite of creating relationship

, Also all the dates have same date data type .

plz assist

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.