Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

afk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Linking bookmarks

Hi,

I know it is possible to link an image to a bookmark, but is there anything else that we can use to link to a bookmark?

For example, I want to use a text box to link to a bookmark but it doesn't look like the function is avaialble for this.

Thanks

afk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @afk.

Another way is to link it to an image or shape and then on the Title of that image write your text then reduce the size of the visual until you only see the title. the bookmark will work because title is part of the visual.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
datadog
Regular Visitor

Hi All:

I am fairly new to Power BI.  I have a report that have two bookmarks. My problem is I have an image that  I want to link to the bookmark but when I click on the image and look in the Format Image section there is no "Link" visable which doesn't allow to link the image to the bookmark.  

I am using Power BI Desktop, and the bookmarks work if I click on each of them but doesn't work when I click on the image.  Can anyone tell me how to enable the link fuction so I can link it to the bookmark.

Thanks, for the help,

datadog  

Hi @datadog,

You need to go the format image options and select the Action option then Bookmark and select the one you need. By default this option is off.

bookmark.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix:  Thank you so much for your quick reply and I aplogize for not being clear but it is hard to explain when I am still figuring things out.

What I am really trying to do is to link my image to the bookmark so that when I click on the image it will toogle between two pages.  What I have read is that you need to link the image to the bookmark but I don't seem to have the ability to turn on the Link Function like the Action function.  From what I have found this Link Function should be right under the "Action" function but for some reason my BI Desktop verison doesn't have it and I am not sure how to find this Link function so that I can make this work in my report.  I have enclosed a picture showing that I don't have the Link funtion.

Thank you for your help,

BookmarkActionBookmarkAction

Hi @datadog,

This image is from your file? What version of PBI do you have?

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

The version is: 2.59.5135.421 64bit (June 2018)  I was thinking that too so I updated my free PBIDesktop

I have the same issue. Is the link option available for PBI version 2.59? If so could someone provide some direction on how to link a page to a visual? Thanks in advance!  

afk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you both @MFelix and @Yggdrasill for your suggestions

I think @MFelix's suggestion is easier option though 🙂

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Workaround: 

You can link "Shapes" to bookmarks so create a shape that's over the text box and set background of the shape to 100% clear.

I'm assuming the developers will update text box so we can link them to bookmarks in the future...

Hi @afk.

Another way is to link it to an image or shape and then on the Title of that image write your text then reduce the size of the visual until you only see the title. the bookmark will work because title is part of the visual.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

If the link function is not visable in the Format Image pane, where or how do you enable it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.