Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SimonCRSS
Regular Visitor

Linking between Filters in different Tabs

I have an idea that I want to use a chart and a selection/filter block in a SharePoint Modern Page. The page is set up as 2/3 + 1/3 and I have the PBI chart in the 2/3 bit with the Filter Block in the 1/3 bit on the right (as per the enclosed pic). I have tried using filters which link across pages in Power BI and these do filter the Chart - but if I save these as 2 separate pages - Embedding the same link into SharePoint (as generated by the Power BI Service) and then place Page 1 (the chart) into the 2/3 webpart space and Page 2 (the filters) into the 1/3 webpart space these don't talk to each other. I was just trying to avoid putting all into 1 whole page width webpart space as this means the filter writing will have to be created large for ease of viewing which might look a bit odd on the chart. 

filters2.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @SimonCRSS ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you add the same PowerBI report to two pages in Sharepoint Page, based on my test, pages in Sharepoint will not affect each other.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @SimonCRSS ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you add the same PowerBI report to two pages in Sharepoint Page, based on my test, pages in Sharepoint will not affect each other.

Best Regards,

Teige

@TeigeGao 

Teige,

Hi.... thank you for testing this. I couldn't get it to work and you've confirmed this. Very much appreciated.

kind regards,

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.