Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CampbellJensen

Linking a table to slicer

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some help/advice with linking a table to other slicers in my report. For some context, the report has been created in a school environment to represent student data.

The first page in my report contains a table with student names, which filters data displayed in an adjacent clustered column chart. By using a table instead of a slicer, the data in the column charts is represented in a more meaningful way (with semi-transparent bars reflecting cohort averages; pictures supplied for context) - this function does not appear to be available when the table with student names is changed to a slicer. My problem, though, is that I am unable to link the table to slicers on other pages in the report, which require repeated selection of an individual student name on different pages. 

Can anybody advise on how I can link tables to slicers on other pages in the report? 

Thanks in advance,
Campbell

Thanks,

Student names listed in table formStudent names listed in table formStudent names listed in slicer formStudent names listed in slicer form

4 REPLIES 4
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @CampbellJensen 

Have you tried the options showed in the article:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Linking-a-table-to-slicer/m-p/924742#M443209

I hope you will find it helpful.

Regards,
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution

Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂

https://www.vivran.in/

Hi Vivek,

Could you please link the article again? The link provided in your initial response directs back to this page (with my initial question).

Thanks,

Campbell

Hi @CampbellJensen ,

We only can sync slicers to all the pages. It is not supported to sync the result of clicked values. For the compared values in pic 1, I think you could create formulas and put them into charts while using slicers. You could reference the document: Slicers in Power BI to learn how to sync slicers.

And you could vote up the idea: Chart click should filter across pages  and submit comments to get the featured fixed quickly.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue Ding,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. I have voted for the idea as per your recommendation.

Do you have any advice on how to implement the formulas you mentioned?

Thanks!

Campbell

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.