Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

micklowe
Frequent Visitor

Linking Visuals

Hi All,

I have created a simple dashboard with 4 visuals on A - B - C - D, I have managed to get some of them to link across but stuck with 1 panel which changes when I try click on it. Maybe I'm attempting something that won;t work but I just can't figure it out.

So A is a date slicer fpr our support tickets which then links to B which shows customer divsions within the support tickets, B then links to C which shows the top N customers for that divsion which I then want to link to D which is the individuals from that company. The problem I have is when I click a customer in panel C the data correctly shows in D but the bar chart in C changes as if the filter back in B has reset to show all customers and not just the division selected customers.

I hope this makes sense?

Anyone got any ideas a) if this is possible and if it is b) what I've done wrong?

Thanks

Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@micklowe , Try to click with Ctrl. Ctrl +click on C and check does it help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
micklowe
Frequent Visitor

I'm publishing to 'My Workspace' and I still need to press CNTRL on the webpage to hold the selection in C.

Hi !

Can you share a snapshot of your report. I need to see which visual you are using.

Regards,

micklowe_0-1620836565451.png

Using CNTRL + Click on C keeps the columns intact, not using it makes the view change.

Hi !

You can use Edit interactions for this. You can click on Visual C, click on Format Tab, click Edit Interactions, now apply None to Visual A & Viusal B. This will ensure any selection changes on Visual C will not impact visual A & B.

Regards,

Unfortunately that makes no difference, its visual C that changes when you select one of the bars. The bars are linked to the data table D which work as I want its just selecting itthe bars in C seem to reset its view as if nothing had been selected in section B

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi !

Try checking Edit Interaction by clicking on the visual & then selecting the bahvior either you want to filter another visual or apply no filter based on your requirement criteria.

Regards,

Hasham

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@micklowe , Try to click with Ctrl. Ctrl +click on C and check does it help.

Yes this works thank you.

Can this be done without the CNTRL key?

Hi !

When you publish your Report into Power BI Service [app.powerbi.com] you don't need to press [Ctrl +] to make it work.

Regards,

Hasham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.