cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Linking Drill Down Effects to multiple Tabs

I have PowerBI Desktop. I have created 2 dashboards each on their own tab within the same file. I am curious to know if there is a way to link the drill down effect between tabs. For instance when I drill down 1 level in a chart on tab one, all other charts on tab one reflect the change. However, when I click over to tab 2 the data on that tab did not reflect the drill down data chosen. I am wondering if there is a way to link this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Linking Drill Down Effects to multiple Tabs

Unfortunately global filtering is not available at this time, please vote this feature in ideas:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6674820-global-filter-in-dashboar...

In the meantime, if possible, you can try to have everythign in one tab and then pin it as live page in dashboard. Here is more information on it

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-pin-a-live-tile-to-a-dashboard-fro...

Thanks,

P

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

In current power BI filter only support on at page level even interaction also.

I think Microsoft is working on Global filter . 

For u sorry dude we can't do anything right now.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @davidson929,

As parry2k and Baskar have mentioned above, it is not possible to do it currently. Please vote the idea to make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors