Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zzzzoooo
Frequent Visitor

Linking 2 different tables with 1 same column ?

Hi,

I have a situation that I don't know how to deal with; I hope that you could point me in a good direction.

I have 2 different tables where they have one same column, but each file contains thousands rows. For example
Table 1:
Column 1 - Column 2

a - x

a - y

b - y

b -z

c - z

Table 2:

Column 1 - Column 3

a - m

a - n

b - o

b - m

c - m

c - o

They share column 1. How can I link those 2 tables ? In other words, I want to have a chart showing the results of Column 2 from Table 1, Column 3 from Table 2. How can I do that ? And I also want to divide Column 2 by Column 3.

I'm thinking about appending the tables, i.e. adding Table 1 and Table 2 together. Does the appending work if their column structures are different ? Is that a good approach or it's better to leave the 2 tables independant ?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @zzzzoooo ,

You'd better share the logic between these two table, then we will know how can they combine. In your scenario, there are many duplicate data in the column1, how will the column 2 and column 3 match? If the data in column 1 is single, we can use lookupvalue() function to get the result.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors