Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

C_Lee
Helper I
Helper I

Linkedin URL parameters

Hi,

I am bit lost with determining the best approach to switching out URL parameters. I want to provide users with a Linkedin button that will link the user directly to the Linkedin people search results.....I need to switch out the first placeholder in the below URL with first name from table and the second placeholder with the surname. The button will appear on a detailed view of the vendor that the user has drilled through to....the paremeters will need to change based on which vendor the user has drilled through to

https://au.linkedin.com/pub/dir?firstName=PLACEHOLDER+PLACEHOLDER&lastName=&trk=people-guest_people-search-bar_search-submit

Vendor Company NameFirst NameSurnameContact NumberAddress
Company ABCJohnDoe04149805691 somewhere, 3000
Company XYZJaneDoe041500000098 somewhere, 2000

Any help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"the paremeters will need to change based on which vendor the user has drilled through to"

Not really.  That Linkedin URL is immutable (not impacted by filter choices).  Add the URL as a calculated column to your table, and then use it in your visuals as needed

@lbendlin Thank you for responding. 

I was hoping I could create a parameter for the first name and another for the surname and then pass them into the URL. But can't exactly figure out how to pass them into the URL, any guidance on how I can go about that preferably in dax would be appreciated

I don't understand why you would need parameters for immutable values. Please elaborate.

@lbendlin right, so what I am trying to do isn't possible the only way would be to use the Linkedin API

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.