Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

randymadden
Regular Visitor

Linked dashboard controls

I'm building my first dashboard.  I have two controls on it: Account Category and Accounts.  When I select an acct cat I DO want the account list to reflect only those accounts which are in the selected category.  But when I choose an account I DON'T want it to filter the acct cat list.  Can the link function in only one direction?

Thanks, Randy Madden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If by "dashboard" you mean a report or pbix file, and by "controls" you mean slicers, then yes this is possible.

Simply select the slicer "Accout Category", then click on the Format tab > Edit Interactions

This will bring up some icons for all the visuals on the page (a filter, highlight or strikethrough).  Selecting the strikethrough on the Account slicer will mean that any actions on the Account Category slicer will not filter the Account slicer.

Please confirm that this is what you were looking for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If by "dashboard" you mean a report or pbix file, and by "controls" you mean slicers, then yes this is possible.

Simply select the slicer "Accout Category", then click on the Format tab > Edit Interactions

This will bring up some icons for all the visuals on the page (a filter, highlight or strikethrough).  Selecting the strikethrough on the Account slicer will mean that any actions on the Account Category slicer will not filter the Account slicer.

Please confirm that this is what you were looking for.

dkay,

Thank you so much!  It was just the opposite actually - I wanted the Account Category to remain intact; but your description was spot on.  I never knew that existed.

Thanks again, Rm

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.