cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billybaroo

Linked/Filtered Tables in a Report

Hello, new user with a basic (i think) question.  I have 2 tables in a report - Table A with summary data, Table B with detailed data - both tables are using the same data source (a single table).  When clicking on a record in Table A, Table B filters to just the detailed data related to the record identified in Table A.  When un-selecting the record in Table A, Table B shows all records again.

my quesiton - is there a way to control Table B so that it only shows data when a record is selected in Table A?  I would like Table B to be blank (show no data) when a record is not selected in Table A.

Thanks in advance!

Baroo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@billybaroo,

You may add a measure to Table B.

Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[Column1] ) = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[Column1] ),
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@billybaroo,

You may add a measure to Table B.

Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[Column1] ) = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[Column1] ),
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I have the same use-case, but the solution isn't working correctly for me. 
Is there any other way to approach this problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors