Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walid140891
Helper III
Helper III

Link two date slicers to each other

Hello,

Our issue looks not very hard, but we couldn't solve it, we have two filters based on two date columns of the same table, we want that when we change one the other get affected also:

walid140891_0-1604666366336.png

The other filters below (Dropdown menus) can be changed when we change the slider of the date slicers, but the two date slicers are not getting changed by each other.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@walid140891 , if they are from the same table. It should.  The workaround you keep a measure from fact as not null in date sliders.

refer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ishaaa2709
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue, not sure if there is any solution till now.

I have a date table and columns - date , Period. 

I am using 2 slicers on the same page. Date is used as a range slicer and Period is used as a dropdown.

When I select any period from the dropdown i.e. FY2022, the dates are not filtered accordingly.

The interaction between the two slicers is on and both columns are coming from same table.Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was sooo helpful your comment of basically having both slicers not interacting with each other. The solution I found was that I wanted to do an IF state where if you click on SEL then use the MIN & MAX dates selected. If selected on TW for example instead then ignore the date selection and calculate based on max Week available.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@walid140891 , if they are from the same table. It should.  The workaround you keep a measure from fact as not null in date sliders.

refer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

@amitchandakthe video you provided didn't exactly provide the solution but the author gave a hint about it, which is the "Edit Interactions" between the slicers and it solved my issue, So I will consider your answer as a solution 😃.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.