Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SClark_EasyBins

Link two data grids

When I make a Report with a data grid and a chart, when published, I can click on the chart, and it will reduce the data to match that part of the selected chart.

I want to do this same thing between two data grids.  Make a selection in the "parent" grid, and have it reduce the data in the "child" grid. 

To make it more difficult, the "Child" grid is also the basis of a Crosstab Grid, so I would really like to select a parent, and then see the straight data, and the crosstabbed data. But if the above isn't possible, then I'd guess this additional desire is unobtanium, too.

Thanks,

Steve Clark

Easy Bins Dumpter Rentals of Northern VA

2 REPLIES 2

@SClark_EasyBins And just to clarify, you are correct. Neither the Table or Matrix allow cross filtering as it works in other visuals.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

There's no "grid" in PowerBI, the tabular visualizations are TABLE and MATRIX.

Regarding the function described, I think the SLICER in visualization partialy what you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.