Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jesuslogmein
Helper I
Helper I

Link to download Excel

I wanted to know if it is possible to put a button in a report where we can download a csv or xlsx file without including a visual object that is a table.

I mean a link to download a file, how would you do it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jesuslogmein  If the excel or csv file is static, you can upload the file on cloud drive and put the link in a button like in the image below.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1651754507272.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

View solution in original post

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't think direct download is possible but as a workaround you can store your files at one drive or Sharepoint location and then create a button in power bi and in the "Action" section, select Web URL and provide the same link.

PC2790_0-1651754578730.png

See if this fulfills your requirement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't think direct download is possible but as a workaround you can store your files at one drive or Sharepoint location and then create a button in power bi and in the "Action" section, select Web URL and provide the same link.

PC2790_0-1651754578730.png

See if this fulfills your requirement.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jesuslogmein  If the excel or csv file is static, you can upload the file on cloud drive and put the link in a button like in the image below.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1651754507272.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.