Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gowtham30
Frequent Visitor

Link multiple value column

Hi ,

I've a issue here. I am trying to create a relationship between two tables as shown in the picture. I am looking to have one table that filters Minimum requirement, actual skills , Description, current positions based on the name that i have in slicer. For some reasons I am getting the duplicate values in my table and i couldn't able to figure it out where it is coming from. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

RelationshipsRelationshipsCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Gowtham30 ,

Click the visual>go to field>right click the column(not showing all the data)>"show item with no data":

Annotation 2020-07-17 172656.png

Check whether this way will present all the data.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gowtham30 , You can create a concatenated column and use that as key

key = [col1] &"-" & [col2] &"-"& [col3]

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply, I tried merging two columns in both tables and used as a key. When i was trying to plot the tables the output looked liked this. The required value columns comes empty. I am still missing some connections i guess. Thanks,Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Hi @Gowtham30

In your oringinal post,as the relationship between the 2 tables are many to many and you dont have a unique key,that's why you have duplicate values.

And in the last reply,as the direction in the relationship is single,so it may filter out some value,pls try to change the direction from single to both,see below:

Annotation 2020-07-16 110420.pngAnnotation 2020-07-16 110443.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi, @v-kelly-msft @amitchandak 

I did change the filtering to both ways but my model still not pulling any values in the required value column.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Capture7.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Hi @Gowtham30 ,

Click the visual>go to field>right click the column(not showing all the data)>"show item with no data":

Annotation 2020-07-17 172656.png

Check whether this way will present all the data.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Somebody help, Please.

Thanks !!

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply, I tried merging two columns in both tables and used as a key. When i was trying to plot the tables the output looked liked this. The required value columns comes empty. I am still missing some connections i guess. Thanks,

Capture4.PNGCapture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.