Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Link a Visual to a Selection and Default Selection from a Visual

Hi there!

I would like to know how to relate a visual to the selection of another visual, for example, I have a visual line that shows the performance of a group of computers installed over a month, as a tooltip the amount of computers installed and running every day.

On the other hand I have a visual Gauge that shows how many computers are working as a value and how many are installed in a day as a maximum value.

My problem is that, with the configuration that I have just said, the visual gauge shows me the sum of the computers running every day as a value and the sum of all the computers installed as a maximum value, which is not a relevant data seen from that way.

I have tried relative date filters but these alter the line graph and focus it on a single day.

What I want is, to be able to have my line visual showing the performance of the computers every day of the month and that the last day is selected by default (today for example)

and also that the visual Gauge is updated with any day you select in the line visual.

Please watch the attached image.

I understand that it could be solved if the last available day was selected by default in the line graph but that the graph continues showing the rest of the month and not a single day.Question BI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please check my attached pbix file.

Hope this is what you want:

20.PNG

Best Regards,

Giotto

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please check my attached pbix file.

Hope this is what you want:

20.PNG

Best Regards,

Giotto

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps use the relative date filters but Edit Interactions to not impact the line visual or just implement on the gauge visual. It is hard to tell but should be possible.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good @Greg_Deckler  but, can you explain me how can i edit interactions?

Select a visual, Format tab in the ribbon, Edit interactions.

First result from: https://www.bing.com/search?q=power+bi+edit+interactions&form=ANNTH1&refig=c7063f31be3d4514824b47391...

is this article:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-interactions

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.