cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SP
Frequent Visitor

Link MS Team excel spreadsheet link to

Hi All,

Have a power BI report linked to excel source placed in shared location.

The excel is now placed in Microsoft Teams site.I have been provided an url to link teh Power Bi report.

Is there any way i can connect teh report URl to existing Power BI report.

Thanks,

Sukriti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Link MS Team excel spreadsheet link to

Hi @SP,

You can get the Excel link in Teams follow this article

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Now you get the link, please remove ?web=1 string at the end of the link as mentioned in the article. 

Open the original report in Power BI desktop, go to Query Editor-> Advanced Editor, modify the source step with below: 

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("<URL you got from above steps>"), null, true),

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @SP,

You can get the Excel link in Teams follow this article

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Now you get the link, please remove ?web=1 string at the end of the link as mentioned in the article. 

Open the original report in Power BI desktop, go to Query Editor-> Advanced Editor, modify the source step with below: 

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("<URL you got from above steps>"), null, true),

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

SP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your response.

But i checked with MS support team and they responded with belwo response:

"

As discussed over the call, Microsoft Teams is not a default connector from Power BI desktop , We will be passing this to Product development for feature enhancement. As an Work Around you can use  SharePoint and different SharePoint   connectors are available in Power BI desktop."

So i have moved my excel file to SharePoint. But will surely try yoru suggestion as well.

Thanks,

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @SP,

Yes there indeed isn't a specific Microsoft Team connector in Power BI desktop. But as I suggested before, you can use web data source to get data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors