Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lines in "Line and clustered column chart" disappears / appears

Hi!

I have a dataset with a time dimension at minute granularity.

The dataset consists of 3 measures (lines) and the columns are representing a spesific event.

This is working fine and I do get the data that I wish to see, but there is a potentially big problem:

- While scrolling horizontally along the time axis, lines can at times disappear where there should be data, OR the lines are drawn where no data exists.

I can image the size of the x-axis being the reason for this bug.

1. image is the earliest snapshot of the dataset

2. image shows the bugged line appearing

3. image shows the line disappearing again by scrolling a little to the right.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, were you able to resolve this issue?

Expected cut offExpected cut offBugged, unexpected lineBugged, unexpected lineScrolled further to the right, the bugged line disappears and visual is as expectedScrolled further to the right, the bugged line disappears and visual is as expected

Regards

arefossa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I reproduced this issue. I also found this issue had been reported. Please refer to Desktop/Line-chart-is-not-breaking-the-line-if-there-is-no-data.

>>>The problem in the service will be fixed in Oct 26th but Desktop will be fixed until November release(mid-November)

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I reproduced this issue. I also found this issue had been reported. Please refer to Desktop/Line-chart-is-not-breaking-the-line-if-there-is-no-data.

>>>The problem in the service will be fixed in Oct 26th but Desktop will be fixed until November release(mid-November)

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share the file? You can mask the sensitive parts first.

Since you created 3 measures, I'm afraid there is something wrong with these measures. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.