Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linear Regression - Scatter Plot

Hi All,

I've been stuck on the same thing for days now and could do with some help if anyone can!

I am analysing the effect of UK Ofsted Results (Audits) on house prices.

I have 4 tables / queries (which are CSV data and some very large), these are 

• OfstedResults - This contains all offsted results for each school over a time frame, within the table / query is a "Result" and "Previous Result" fields, i have also setup a custom column for the "Change Score" which is "Result - Previous Result", also within the table are "PostCode" (equivalent of US Zip Code) and "Year" fields
  • PricePaidData - This is a list of all UK house sales over a period of time, like the above table this also has "PostCode" and "Year" fields, and it also has DAX Calculated columns setup in the model to get the average price of houses in a post code / year, the previous years average house price for the post code and the change percentage using these calculated columns.
  • PostCode_Lookup - this is a lookup table for all postcodes
  • Year_Lookup - this is a lookup table for year (probably not required now)

All relationships are setup correctly

I then have two visualisations,

1. Ofsted Results Avg Change Value by Year and PostCode district, this is a matrix, with Rows for PostCode_Lookup[District], Columns for Year_Lookup[Year] and Values of Average of OfstedResults[Change Value]
  2. House Price Average Change % by Year and PostCode district, this is a matrix, with Rows for PostCode_Lookup[District], Columns for Year_Lookup[Year] and Values of Average of PricePaidData[Change Percentage]

The two visualisations above have correct values showing, but i now need to show this on a scatter plot to show the relationship and no matter what i plug in to the values it doesnt work.

My "dependant" variable would be House Prices and my independant variable would be Ofsted results. 

Can anyone shed any light on how to ge this please?

Thanks

Jamie

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you share sample data and sample output. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.