Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilied

Line values on the same axis as the measured items

Hi,

I'm very new to Power BI, so this is probably an entrylevel problem for some of you, but I just can't figure this out.

My problem is this: I have data tables from two different sources. SQL Server and a Sharepoint Online List. The clustered column chart i'm making is showing how much product is being produced weekly. That data comes from the SQL Server. I also wanted to create two Line values, that show the amount of product that needs to be produced in that particular week. This amount is set via Sharepoint by the factory supervisor. Sounds simple enough so far. I managed to create the graph of the produced products and it looks good. I also managed to get the Line value from the sharepoint source. The problem is, the Line value is on a different Y-axis than the produced goods. They need to be on the same Y-axis. I attached screenshots below that should clear things up a bit. Is there a way to have only one Y-axis (which would be on the left side), so that the maximum value is the line value, or the value of produced goods, if it's larger than the set line value?

Hope this made sense.

I highlighted the problem. The line values are on the axis on the right and the produced goods are on the leftI highlighted the problem. The line values are on the axis on the right and the produced goods are on the leftThis is the code for the measurement for one of the line values.This is the code for the measurement for one of the line values.

As you can see, the produced goods are separated into two categories and there are two Line values for each of these categories.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ilied ,

On the options nof the Y axis turn off show secondary, that will turn off the second line axis.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ilied ,

On the options nof the Y axis turn off show secondary, that will turn off the second line axis.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks a lot! It actually was off, but when I turned it on and off again, it started working. Can't believe I didn't try that before.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.