Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Line up PY by Weekday vs CY by Weekday

I need help with a simple format.  Below you can see that my PY and CY dates start on the same row, but last year is WED and this year is THU.  Is there a way to offset this year from last year so the Thursday's line up.  Another words..6/1/2016 Wed will show data for PY..but CY will be blank....then row for 6/2/2016 will show PY for Thu...but CY will show 6/1 data for Thu.  The dates are coming from a calendar.  

Thanks!!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @codyraptor,

The dates are coming from a calendar.

Are PY and CY calculate columns in your calendar table? If that is the case, you should be able to use the formula below to add new calculate column in your calendar table to get the offseted CY. Smiley Happy

New PY = 'Calendar'[CY] + WEEKDAY ( 'Calendar'[CY] - WEEKDAY ( 'Calendar'[PY] ) )

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @codyraptor,

The dates are coming from a calendar.

Are PY and CY calculate columns in your calendar table? If that is the case, you should be able to use the formula below to add new calculate column in your calendar table to get the offseted CY. Smiley Happy

New PY = 'Calendar'[CY] + WEEKDAY ( 'Calendar'[CY] - WEEKDAY ( 'Calendar'[PY] ) )

Regards

K...Now I'm running into another issue.  When I place my PY counts in then they do not line up with the New PY dates.  The counts are still reflecting a year ago based on the chosen date.  I've tried filtering a measure by New PY date, but I'm not able to get it to work.  Thoughts?

This works perfect!!  Thanks so much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.