Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tlee
Regular Visitor

Line graphs show straight line and dates

Hello Everyone,

I could use some help please.  I've attached a screenshot that shows how all of the lines are fixed, as well as on one of the graphs the date range extends into the future.  Can you please tell me how to correc these errors?  Thank you.

1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlee
Regular Visitor

Hi Josef,

I think I figured out the blank chart issue.  I was drawing the slicer names from a table in access but the date type was "number".  I changed a few things and the data type is "short text" now and it seems to work.

Thank you for all of your time!

Tammy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @tlee,

could you please tell me more about the relationship between the tables which columns are you joining?

BR,

Josef

Hi Josef,

Yes please see the relationships below.

I have Dates coming from the date table

and Properties coming from the Propeprty Info table

I am trying to graph actual vs budgeted Revenue, and Income and related measures for Revenue and Income on the line graphs.

Thank you!

Tammy4.png

Hello,
what if you change the relationships here to Cross Filter?

2019-12-22 21_55_56-Window.png

Without a sample report, this is still pure guessing on my side.
BR,
Josef

Thanks for keeping at this with me.  I started a new Power BI file and get the same result.  Curious though that when "Blank" is selected in the slicer the lines appear, but when I choose to slice it then both lines disappear.  I'm sorry, I don't know how to share this without violating work confidentiality rules.  I really appreciate all your help with this!5.png

tlee
Regular Visitor

Hi Josef,

I think I figured out the blank chart issue.  I was drawing the slicer names from a table in access but the date type was "number".  I changed a few things and the data type is "short text" now and it seems to work.

Thank you for all of your time!

Tammy

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey,

it would be very helpful if you would also show your data.

With the screenshot we can actually only guess.

• It may be that your table relations are not present.
  • It could be that your data is incorrect.

May I ask you for more details.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Thank you Josef,

I checked the relationships on of the date table relationships were incorrect.  I managed to change it to "both" and it corrected the bottom graph, but it made the lines in the other graphs disappear.  Two of the lines from the bottom graph are from the same table as the graphs on top so I'm not sure how come it shows lines for one chart and not the other.  I've also attached a screenshot of the data.  Thank you for your help!

1.png2.png3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.