Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line graph with 2 lines from same table but have separate interaction filters

Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing. I will try to use examples where possible! So my problem is, I am trying to create a line graph with 2 lines (year A and year B) from a single table (data source). I then want to filter these lines separately with a slicer e.g. changing filters for line 1 will only affect that line and line 2 will remain as is on the graph for comparison purposes. See image below. 

linegraph.png

The only way i can get this to work at the moment is by duplicating my table (data) and creating 1 line from original table and creating line 2 from duplicate table. Then i can create seperate slicers which affect each line separately.

This would work for a small dataset but once the data gets larger, duplicating is not an option and i would like to do this from a single table. Is this possible on PowerBI?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, you want to achieve this result: one of two lines in the same line chart can be filtered by the slicer, but the other one will not affected by this slicer. Sorry that I haven't found a better solution than your existing workaround (add a duplicate visual). You can have a look at the posts in this thread and check if you can get a different idea from it.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft Yes this is essentially what im trying to do, I will have a read and keep looking to see if there is a way.

@amitchandak Oh that does sound a bit confusing for me, i'm not completely there yet with my PowerBI knowledge.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If the two lines are two measures and need to filter on two different dimensions. You can use All for the dimension for which filter should not pass

Line 1 = calculate([Measure],all(Dim1))

Line 2 = calculate([Measure],all(Dim2))

Refer

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/managing-all-functions-in-dax-all-allselected-allnoblankrow-allexcept/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.