Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mgusty33
Frequent Visitor

Line graph of count of start and end date as different months

I have a Created and Resolved date of tickets, and would like to have one line graph that shows how many tickets were created and resolved each month. Some of the tickets have created months, but have not been completed, so they do not have a resolved date. Right now I can only get a count of created in that month (blue line) and the count of tickets that were created that month, that are now closed (Black line). They way it has it now it does not matter what month they were closed, as it will just be marked as resolved the in the month it was opened

I would like to have it the total count of Resolved in that particular month. As in there may be tickets that were created in July, but were Resolved in August, so I would like to have the resolved count show up in August, not July. This would mean that there are some months more tickets are resolved than created. I imagine it looking liket red and green graph attached. 2018-02-14_14-42-55.jpgfind-vs-resolved.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hope this is what you are looking for 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ew9IMgvKMn0lDfZ70Ww64cba_egE4YxF/view?usp=sharing

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Here is the high level how it will work:

- You need to have calendar table in your model if it is not there

- set relationship between your create date and resolve date with calendar table on date, you will see one relation is inactive.

- add two measures in your model, one for created tickets and one for resolved tickets, assuming resolved ticket has inactive relationship with calendar table, in this measure calculation use "USERELATIONSHIP" function

- drop line chart with date from calendar table on x axis and use two measure as values.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I am not super familiar with measures, so how would I go about making the measures for each one?

Can you share sample data using google drive in excel sheet and i will put together something for you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18pHgv-5Fo1Ajsc_BWLD7OUxMH4pEvBTd

That is the data I have. The created months and the resolved months. I have a Calander table created. I have created months and resolved months in the same "Combined" query.

hope this is what you are looking for 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ew9IMgvKMn0lDfZ70Ww64cba_egE4YxF/view?usp=sharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.