Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line graph measures not changing with X axis

Hi, 

I am recreating a graph I have made previously in another report, which worked fine and as far as I can tell everything is set up the same way. I have different measures for each of the different TV channels, and am graphing their awareness over time. For some reason my measures are just a straight line, and wont vary with month on the x axis. The measures and month values are both from separate tables, but each has a column of Unique IDs for each respondent (which are often duplicates as respondents could answer for multiple channels). For the channel awareness table theres a column with Unique IDs that pertains to the respondent and response with the tv channels they said they are aware of and the following measure for each channel which I put in the values bucket:

% Channel = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID]), 'A1a Service Awareness'[Response] = "Channel") / DISTINCTCOUNT('A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID])

The month table also has a column of unique ids (there arent duplicates in this one) and then a column for the month that respondent answered in.

However, instead of the measures varying from month to month, I just get a line with the percentage for the awarenss over the whole time scale:

hayuproblem.PNG
Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening? I've been comparing to the one I did before, and the set and measures are the same, so not sure why its not quite working.

Thanks for your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Please try below measure.If it is not your case, please share your sample file for us to check.You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here.Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

% Channel =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID] ),
    FILTER (
        'A1a Service Awareness',
        'A1a Service Awareness'[Response] = "Channel"
    )
)
    / DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID] )

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Please try below measure.If it is not your case, please share your sample file for us to check.You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here.Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

% Channel =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID] ),
    FILTER (
        'A1a Service Awareness',
        'A1a Service Awareness'[Response] = "Channel"
    )
)
    / DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'A1a Service Awareness'[UNIQUEID] )

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft ,

Thanks for getting back to me (and apologies for the late reply). I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately it has the same result as my original dax formula. I'm wondering if it's potentially to do with my model relationships? The line graph takes data from a table, Period, that has a unique ID for every row, and whether they responded during that month, and is filtered to only show rows that responded. The channel data comes from another table with the same unique IDs and whether they responded for channels (also filtered to only be rows that responded). 

However, when filtered (by columns in the demographics and filters table) the value shown in the graph doesnt change. Furthermore, you can see in the picture below, that for that set of filters, there are only 3 periods available, however all still show on the x axis.

So, I'm not sure what might be causing the problems, as I've been triple checking everything and can't see what the issue is.

graph problem.PNGgraph problem 2.PNG

Apologies for not being able to share the data, its for a client. 

Thanks very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.