cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELW
Advocate I
Advocate I

Line graph from multiple parameters

How can I make a Line Chart visualization from user-input parameters?  I've got four parameters that would correspond with two pairs of coordinate (x,y) values for the chart.  Ideally I want a user to be able to adjust the parameter sliders and see the resulting line on the chart.  

If I'm understanding correctly, this can't be done with SelectedValue in a table as it just gets the parameters' default values, not the current or selected value.  Is there a way to do this with measures, or some other route?  

Here's basically what I want it to look like:

parameter graph.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
ELW
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm still curious if there is any way of acheiving this, with custom visualizations or anything.  The ability to let a user place their own line in a chart along with the data is really important to my team and I have yet to figure out a way of getting PowerBI to do this.  

v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ELW ,

Based on my test, such a requirement is not achievable. We are not able to add measures which can be dynamically determined by slicer items (parameter values) onto chart axis.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!