Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Emilkl

Line diagram

Dear Community

I am reading out data from a mssql in azure to powerbi. 

I do get all data just fine but i have issues to use this data in diagrams, probably because i dont know how to do. 

So what i have is two tables. 

Table1: Date

Table2: Values 

This tables i want to show in a line diagram. 

I add a diagram and on "axel" i add Date. And on the value field i add value. 

Here i encounter a issue, instead of showing the values inside values i get how many values that is inside the table value. ( ammount of values". 

Example: If the table value contains 10 values that i got on different dates, i.e 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 the diagram will show that on this date the value contained 10 values. Meaning i just get a Dot on the diagram. 

I would like to show a line diagram that shows dhat for this date the value was 1, and for this date the value was 2 and so forth so i can see a pattern on the line, if its raising or going down. 

What do i miss? 

All the best

/Emilkl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emilkl ,

Do you mean that your visual shows like 'visual1' and you want it to show as 'visual2'? If so, you need to create relationships between your two tables.

count.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emilkl ,

Do you mean that your visual shows like 'visual1' and you want it to show as 'visual2'? If so, you need to create relationships between your two tables.

count.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello again. 

I do think your solution will solve the issue i have but im to new to PowerBi to get the relation part. 

I have ordered a education in powerBi and our database so i hope that will help me. 

Thank you very much for taking your time helping me. 

All the best

/Emil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.