Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

G_Whit-UK
Helper II
Helper II

Line charts: Dual Axis, single element and line not running to the end of the period

Hi

I've current got a line chart which reflects the count of X items split by three geographical regions over a periof of time.  Here is an example:

PBI Example Line Chart.jpg

I've been asked to make the following changes:

1. Dual Axis:  Reflect the APAC & EMEA lines on a secondary axis.  I am not sure how this can be done seeing as seeing as the chart uses a single element;
  2. Extend the APAX line to the end of the data range:  The APAC data never had any data for the last few days (zero count), hence the line stopping.  How can this be extended to the end of the date range.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@G_Whit-UK , You can not use the secondary axis for the legend split. You need to create three measures one for each region and use them as per need

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@G_Whit-UK , You can not use the secondary axis for the legend split. You need to create three measures one for each region and use them as per need

Thanks for the tip about the measures, but how can I extend the APAC line when there is no data to count? I'd like the line to extend to the end of the date range, but reflect a value of zero.

PBI Example Line Chart 2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.