Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart x-axis slicer

Hi,

I have an issue that happens randomly with a line chart. Whenever I hover over the chart with the mouse, I expect a vertical line to be present, in which case my customized tooltip shows the appropriate information:

desired.jpg

However, I'm losing this slicer from time to time and can only point to one curve:

problem.jpg

I suppose that both states are desirable in different contexts, but I would like to know how to engage the state depicted in the first picture?

For info, my x-axis' type is time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Filtering out blank records from "timestep" could fix this problem.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not very clear about your problem. Do you mean the vertical line is visible or invisible randomly? Or do you want the tooltip image always to be the same as shown in above first screenshot?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The vertical line is visible or invisible randomly.  Incidently that has an impact on the custom tooltip; it's the same custom tooltip in both pictures, but it behaves differently when the vertical line is not there.  The desired state for me is the first picture, with the vertical line.

@Anonymous  If possible can you please share the pbix file with sample data. i will help you to fix this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar You can find it here, let me know if you have issues with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh8cg5lktxfjfe4/Nest%20Dashboard%20by%20category.zip?dl=0

@Anonymous  Thanks for your response . 

Hope the prob is fixed. Please find the attached screen shot. 

Change The page size option for Tooltip tabChange The page size option for Tooltip tabFinalFinal

Note :

FYI, we can't use any scroll while tooltip 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Baskar, thanks for taking the time to investigate this.  Unfortunately, changing the page size of the tooltip doesn't fix the issue, it's still happening randomly.

@Anonymous  Can please check with Power BI services and let me know still you have the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar I published my report to my online workspace (if that's what you mean by Power BI Services) and I have the same issue online.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Filtering out blank records from "timestep" could fix this problem.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.