Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

VinayakKarne
Frequent Visitor

Line chart x axis formatting for months

Hi Team, I am facing issue for ordering the months on x-axis of line chart. The month names are in Text data type. Below is the image of the data which i am getting result and the image in which format i needed.

Resulted dataResulted dataRequired Format DataRequired Format Data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK,

Next step, order it by number of month, lets explain how:

In the query, I obtain the month number. Then, Ill go to modeling section, and select the field "Month", go to sort by column, and select the Month Number.

forum.JPG

tell me if works 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aoliver
Helper III
Helper III

try this:

In the top right corner, you should have a option for order, select month instead of sthe amount. 

Yes i tried it. Since the months are in text datatype. So it is arranging in asseniding or decending orger of alphabets of Months.image.png

OK,

Next step, order it by number of month, lets explain how:

In the query, I obtain the month number. Then, Ill go to modeling section, and select the field "Month", go to sort by column, and select the Month Number.

forum.JPG

tell me if works 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.