Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line chart with value aggregated to Average showing rounded values on hover

I have data with start and end dates (MM/DD/YYYY format), and a calculated column to calculate the number of days between named [DaysOpen].  I have also created a column for week number and a column for start of month, all based on the start date.  My goal is to show a line chart with the average of [DaysOpen] by week or month (I set up a hierarchy).  All works fine except that the value displayed on hover is rounded.  However, if I turn on data labels, I can see the true value.  I don't want to turn on data labels, but rather have the hover value be rounded to 1 or 2 decimals.Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
elm17001

tempsnip.png

Hey dkay84, 

I hade this same problem and the solution was going to the analytics where you enabled the average line. At the bottom youll see the option called "Value Decimal Places" and that how you can make the change to the average value. I dont know if this answers your question but it was the only way I could change decimal places without modeling. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you created your calculated measure did you check to see what format it was defaulted to?

I am going to take a guess and say that it is set to Whole Number. Possibly change it to Decimal Number as well as checking that the decimal places is set to 2 and see if that works?

Here is an example of where to look for it:

Decimal Places - Modeling.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I did not create a measure.  I have a calculated column that is being used as the "Value" field for the chart, which is set to Average instead of the default Sum.  I did make sure to set the data type for that column as decimal, but it is still showing the value as rounded on hover.

I would suggest that rather than use the Calculated Column value, you create a calcualted measure.

In doing so that will give you the ability to change the data type for your measure, which in turn will enable you to get the decimal places.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.