Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NimaM
Frequent Visitor

Line chart with DateTime on X-Axis

Hi,

I have four sensors that collect the loudness of a sound source. Data from all sensors are merged into one fact table. In this fact table, we have loudnesses(dB), and each instance of data has a DateTime stamp up to seconds. 

datamodel.png

data.png

The Y axis on the chart insists on Calculation, even though I have specified not to summarize on the table side. It doesn't allow us to get rid of it. 

count.png

chart.png

So ultimately, how can I achieve a visual line chart of individual sensors' loudness per DateTime? Mine is wrong at the moment, because of the count of loudness, enforced by PBI. 

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3
HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @NimaM 

Would SUM not work?

As I see it you want the total per minute per location. 

Regards

Hugh

NimaM
Frequent Visitor

No, I don't need any calculations, the intent is to show at any given moment the actual loudness from each of the four sensor reads. 

I understand, but by using sum, you are aggregating the values by time and location.

So if you have 1 log per minute, it will show the exact value for that log at that time (minute) for that specific location. Hence it will return the actual value.

If your visual is by hour it will show the sum of logs in that hour. So you will need to ensure that you are drilled down to the lowest level.

I hope it makes sense.

Hugh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.