Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart visual: X-axis labels plot differently sometimes

Hello,
I am having trouble with labels. As I have highlighted on the picture, the problem is that some month labels are plotted in one line, and some of them in two lines.
That looks ugly and unprofessional.  Just see below:

1.PNG
Any ideas? I tried manipulating with Category width and Maximum size controls with no effect 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please edit text size to work around.

SIZE.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

What is the issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, maybe I did not make it clear enough!

As I have highlighted on the picture, the problem is that some month labels are plotted in one line, and some of them in two lines.
That looks ugly and unprofessional. Is there anything we can do about it? Also I do not understand the logic behind this.

Hope I explained now, I am sorry for my language, not my native.

Check in the format tab for X-axis and do some settings changes like type" Continous" or "categorical" and change the font settings & text size as per your need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
When I tried to changed from Categorical to Continous, it switches back immediately. 
When I made the font bigger, it looks like this now:
3.PNG

I can make the minimum category width bigger but then I lack space and the scroll-bar appears (cannot be):

1.PNG

I guess the "jul 2019" is the shortest one and even with the minimum category width set to minimum is able to plot in one line.
Also all of this is changing  when I change fonts, but I would like to use this one.
Any other ideas? 🙂

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please edit text size to work around.

SIZE.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I hope there will be more control over that in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.